A steady stream of new leads and contacts with potential clients is the lifeblood of any growing business.
In the collection of articles below you'll find some of the most practical guides available to making that vital first contact with potential clients both online and offline; and on how to get the relationship off on the right foot.
Your first step is to figure out where to focus.
Once you know who you're targeting and you understand what they care about and what will get their attention, you need to select the best marketing approaches to make that first contact.
That might involve attracting clients to your website or use paid advertising to get them on board. Or it might be that you approach them directly through networking or cold emailing.
My guide to which approaches work best in which situations is here: The Marketing Menu.
One of the most powerful strategies to boost any lead generation approach is to use a lead magnet. A lead magnet is a free report, video, audio, template or any other useful tool that your ideal clients with the problems you solve would want.
By offering a lead magnet you're allowing your ideal clients to “hold up their hands” to say they're interested. And you're giving them Value In Advance of working with you: raising your credibility and building trust.
You can find a guide to creating the right lead magnet here.
Here are some specific articles on what I've found to be the most effective lead generation strategies for consultants, coaches and other professionals:
“Offline” Lead Generation
- Referrals: You've Got to Have a System
- How to Get More Referrals Using Offers
- Win Clients with Presentations and Seminars
- The REAL Secrets of Networking
- The Number One Skill in Business Networking
- Using a Research Project to Win Clients
Online Lead Generation
- The Number 1 Strategy Social Media Gurus Use to Win Business
- How Consultants Can Use Guest Blog Posting to Fill Their Calendar with Client Work
- Creating Valuable Content by DOING Interesting Things
- 21 Sources of Inspiration for Blog Posts and Emails
- Email Marketing for Coaches and Consultants
- How I Grew My Email Sign Up Rate By 91% With One Simple Technique
- Linkedin Tips: The Real Secrets of Linkedin
- Cold Emailing to Generate Leads and Win Clients
Finally, More Leads Than You Think shows you how a simple mindset change can help you generate a whole lot more leads.