So you've made that vital first contact with a potential client.
Maybe they've come to your website and signed up for regular emails from you. Or maybe you did a presentation or met them at a nextworking event.
Chances are that when you first meet them they're not ready to buy yet.
Maybe the timing's not right: they don't quite fully feel the urgency or the scale of their problem yet.
Or maybe you need to build more credibility and trust before they see you as the perfect person to work with.
Either way, you're going to have to nurture your relationship with them to grow that credibility and trust, keep top of mind, and position yourself as the authoritative expert they'll pick up the phone to call when they're ready to buy.
The collection of articles below will show you how to build authority in your marketplace and nurture relationships with potential clients to be in pole position when the time is right.
- How to Become an Authority in Your Field shows the key factors in becoming seen as a market leader that emerged from my research into well-known experts.
- You can listen to my interviews with authorities asking them how they became well-known in my Authority Marketing Podcast series.
- In What's Your Story I show how to use your “backstory” to establish your credibility in your chosen field.
- Using a Research Project to Win Clients is one of the very best ways of both generating leads, and building significant authority and credibility (particularly since so few people do it.
- Becoming a Trusted Advisor shows you the key steps to being seen as a valued and trusted partner by your clients.
- The Simple Strategy For Building Relationships Fast That Almost Everyone Gets Wrong details a surprising approach that can enhance your relationship with almost any client or prospect quickly.
- In How To Revitalize Old Relationships I reveal the simple steps you can take to make sure those relationships you've allowed to fade can become valuable again.
- Email marketing is the very best way to build relationships online. And my article on The Best Email Subject Lines To Get People To Open Your Emails shows you how to make sure your emails get read.
- Winning Clients with Social CRM shows an increasingly valuable and practical approach to relationship building: by using social media to interact with potential clients and monitor their interests and activities.